QFI Pest Control is a pest management company in the Okanagan Valley that covers Armstrong to Penticton. Our team supports our clients and the community by making the world healthier, protecting structures and improving overall the quality of life. Our goal is to offer friendly, quality and professional pest controlto all our valued clients, while providing natural pest control services that are safe for home and family. We pride ourselves on our unmatched customer service and in building trusting relationships with each and every client.
If you enjoy being on the go, spending the day on the road and walking rather than being cooped up in an office, then joining the QFI Team as a pest control technician is a great job for you! As a Certified Pest Control Technician, you will work in the field and apply a combination of mechanical, physical, biological, and chemical tools to prevent and control pest issues.
QFI is seeking an independent yet team-orientated individual keen to be part of a business where each day is anything but ordinary. We are currently seeking a technician for general pest control work. We prefer this individual have at least 1 year of pest control experience, but we will consider training the right person even if they have no experience in the field. Sales experience is definately an asset and experience with technology is a must.
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English
• Professional and confident demeanor and appearance
• Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn
• High school diploma and/or College diploma
• At least 2 years of customer service experience
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients, colleagues and management
• Available to work Monday-Friday and Saturdays as needed
• Ability to obtain and maintain licenses/certificates as required
• Must possess valid driver’s license & provide current drivers' abstract.
• Must be able to use small hand tools.
• Must be comfortable in and be able to safely access crawl spaces and attics
• The job requires that you be able to safely use ladders within the manufacturer’s weight limit of 300 lbs. and you must be comfortable on ladders up to 40 feet tall
• Must be physically able to do the job
• Servicing and retaining an established route, following a daily schedule, insuring timely arrival at each customer’s home.
• Be professional and provide a strong line of communication to the client, discussing the scope of service with the customer.
• Utilizing in-depth training provided to decide on the best and most efficient pest solution for each customer’s needs.
• Conduct inspections to determine the source of activity and provide written explanations and recommendations
• Maintain and keep organized a company vehicle. Professionalism is a must while commuting or in the field to promote and represent the QFI brand.
• Keep up to date your knowledge of applicable laws, rules, and regulations governing pesticide application. This includes knowing the biology and morphology of a variety of pests.
• Stay current on the latest developments, trends, and regulations in the pest control industry
• Grow the business by building new relationships. You will provide superior pest management services and first class customer services to all our clients.
What do we offer?
• Company vehicle & uniforms
• Necessary equipment & material to be a Pest Control Technician
• World class training of the latest industry best practices
• Incentives for excellent customer retention, positive feedback and reviews from customers as well as upselling to current customers
• Hourly Rate (dependent on experience)
• Paid training
QFI Pest Control is a drug and smoke-free environment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory motor vehicle record check that is checked annually.
Thank you for your interest in working with QFI Pest Control.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.